Usually school day breakfasts are rushed. But lucky me,
this morning, my kids woke up extra bright and early! While the
kids watched an episode of Sofia the First, I sleepily and quickly
whipped up some healthy French toast!
It was a fast, easy, and healthy breakfast to start the day. My
son wanted seconds, my husband was swiping pieces from my son's
plate, and my daughter and I shared a slice. Next time, I will
double the recipe.
1. Whisk all ingredients in a medium size bowl, except the
2. Place bread slices in bowl, cover with egg mixture, and soak
for 5 minutes. My daughter peeked to see what was cooking and said
the bread was taking a bath.
3. Heat pan on medium heat and spray cooking spray.
4. Cook French toast 3 minutes on one side, flip to other side
and cook 90 seconds (the second side cooks much faster than the
first so keep an eye on it.)
5. Let your kids lightly sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
Mandy is a mom of two children, who hopes to inspire families to have fun in the kitchen together.
See more of Mandy's stories here.
What to do with your weekend, delivered every Thursday.
Great deals and chances to win prizes, delivered every Monday.
Exclusive offers from our partners,usually delivered twice a week.
Resources for parents of children with special needs,delivered the second Tuesday each month.