Green apples were on sale at Whole Foods last week, and I bought way too many! Usually I have rotten bananas taking up space on my counter, but this week, it is apples. My daughter requested a muffin baking session. Love when she does that!
With apples as the main ingredient, we came up with this easy yet fantastic muffin recipe. I diced the apples and she tossed them into the mixing bowl. We measured and used her math skills and also worked her tiny muscles by pushing her to stir. No muffin in my house is complete unless chocolate chips are added. These muffins taste so delicious, you do not need the chocolate; however, they go from delicious to decadent with the chocolate.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix sugar, diced apple, and Chinese Five Spice (or cinnamon/nutmeg combo).
3. Add oil, eggs, pumpkin, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix.
4. Blend in chocolate chips.
5. Bake for 35 minutes or until you can put a fork through the middle of a muffin and the fork comes out clean.
Mandy is a mom of two children, who hopes to inspire families to have fun in the kitchen together.
See more of Mandy's stories here.