On February 9th, I turned 27 years old. To some of
you, that might still sound young, but I'm starting to feel old.
I'm definitely not a kid anymore. That sounds sort of depressing
but becoming a father has changed my outlook on life and growing
up. I have been compiling a list of noticeable changes in my life
and I am wondering if anyone else has had any of these same
1. You get excited about the new coffee creamer you
2. Eight hours of sleep feels like an
3. Your "time to relax" is your car ride to
4. You think to yourself, "It's getting late,"
until you look at the time and realize it's 8:15 p.m.
5. The baby's nap time allows you to get the dishes
6. Spit up becomes a perfectly acceptable
7. Washing all the dirty bottles makes you
8. Trying to get to bed by 10:00 p.m. always seems to turn
into 1:00 a.m.
9. You get baby poop on your hands, and continue to eat
10. The baby has 100 pairs of socks. You have
11. You consider taking a small loan for
12. You open the cabinet to find rewashed red Solo cups
next to your normal drinkware.
13. For some reason the baby crying always beats the alarm
clock for waking you up in the morning.
14. There's no time to make dessert. Throw some Oreos on a
plate, top them with whipped cream. Done.
15. You have to take a miniature bathtub, out of
your regular bathtub, in order to take a shower.
16. Sports cars look more dangerous than
17. Paid sick days are actually "I have no babysitter"
18. You have accidentally used body wash as shampoo, and
was too tired to care.
19. Two door coupes aren't cool anymore; they are
20. You ask your employer if you can direct deposit a
percentage of your paycheck traight to Babies 'R' Us.
21. You develop a "whatever" attitude towards just about
What else is on your list?
Kevin Whitehead lives in the Southwest suburbs with his wife and almost one-year-old daughter Brynlee. He started PregoForMen shortly after finding out his wife was pregnant. He invites you along on his journey as he discovers just how much life can change in nine short months and beyond.
See more of Kevin's stories here.
Let us plan your weekend with the best family events and activities in Chicagoland.
Start the week right with deals, prizes, parent life hacks and more delivered straight to your inbox.
Need last-minute ideas for a weekend of family fun? No worries. We've got you.
Get the inside scoop on the people, places and things we are loving right now.
Resources, tips, inspiration and more for parents of children with special needs.
Score exclusive offers from our fabulous advertisers.