I couldn't be happier that brass is making a
comeback. It is a classic, timeless staple for any home. Now, you
might be thinking, "No way!" or "It looks like the cheap fixtures
you find at the hardware store."
No, No, No. It is coming back in full force and I hope it
stays for awhile.
Now, what makes brass the new "it" metal for your
Lets begin by agreeing that we have all seen a little too
much shiny chrome or brushed nickel.
Lets put them aside for awhile and enjoy the beauty that
As Martha Stewart recently said, "I jokingly call it the
poor man's gold."
Brass is relatively inexpensive compared to other metals
and I believe that is why it got a bad rap during the glory days of
the nineties. People thought it had to cost more to be
Luckily, our mentally is changing.
With that said, lets also change how we see brass. Don't
think of the pieces you remember in your house during the seventies
and eighties. Erase any misconceptions and start fresh. Whether it
is shiny brass or brass that has been left unfinished to realm in
it's glory, try a little in your home.
To motivate you. Here are some great brass finds to get
1. Jonathon Adler Brass Chandelier //
2. Brass Sputnik Chandelier // $1840
3. Robert Abby Antique Brass Table Lamp //
4. Nate Berkus Table Lamp For Target //
5. Robinson Vintage Brass Sconce // $238
Now, if you are not ready to take the plunge into brass
chandeliers or lamps fixtures, you can start small.
1. Turtle Shell Tray in Brass // $78
2. Nate Berkus Vases For Target //
3. Hammered Brass Vase Antique Base Jamali Garden
dot com // $45
4. Antique Brass Trays Futagami //
5. Vintage Brass Tray Joss & Main //
You can even go smaller with some book ends or table top
1. Noir Brass Peace Sign // $125
2. Lazy Susan Hammered Brass Bowl //
3. Brass Pineapple Bookends // $90
4. Table Compass and Clock // $22
5. OKL Vintage Brass Bookends // $175
Okay, if you're thinking, "Now, I am ready to live big,"
then go for the larger items: furniture!!! Love love love me some
brass furniture. My mom has an amazing brass/glass top vintage
coffee table that I crave. Here are others I love too.
1. Clairmont Coffee Table // $699
2. West Elm Martini Side Table // $119
3. West Elm Terrace Side Table // $199
4. Henzler Mirrored Coffee Table // $520
So there you have it. Brass is back and it's GOR-GE-OUS!!!
If you are bold then stay tuned for bringing brass back to your
sink faucets and more.
Born and raised in Chicago and it's northern suburb, Cecilia is a traveling hockey/soccer momma, a business owner and a crazed Thrifty Home D.I.Y blogging fanatic documenting it all as her alter ego on homewithkeki.blogspot.com.
See more of Cecilia's stories here.
What to do with your weekend, delivered every Thursday.
Great deals and chances to win prizes, delivered every Monday.
Exclusive offers from our partners,usually delivered twice a week.
Resources for parents of children with special needs,delivered the second Tuesday each month.